Following on from my post What Are The Benefits of Green Juice, let’s talk juicers: which is the best juicer for Green Juice?
With juicing such a huge trend right now, we have seen an influx of juicing products in the market. It is mind boggling and of course, not all products are made equal.
In my opinion how you decide comes down to one main thing: a thick with pulp green juice smoothie or refined pulp free. Today I am looking at only 2 products which both produce excellent results for pulp-free juice and with-pulp smoothie. Both accommodate all items for green juicing from celery, cucumber, kale, to other leafy items like parsley and spinach.
Both styles of juice provide you with health benefits although the thicker smoothie version provides you with the added benefit of fiber, which is of course the way nature intended it: eat the whole fruit with minimal waste. But, for a lot of people this is just not palatable. So you really need to buy an appliance that is going to encourage you to make green juicing a habit, not put you off it.
This product is the green juicing bomb
Rating: 4.6 stars
In a nutshell, this truly is a top juice extractor that has been developed to consider all aspects of extracting juice for maximum health benefits and all with a whisper quiet performance. It is also extremely versatile. With a Nutrition Center you can also make all-natural nut butters, baby food, soy milk, almond milk and a variety of healthy snacks.
Here are the highlights:
- Longer Lasting juices: Using a low speed of 80 RPMs results in minimal heat buildup and oxidation promoting healthy enzymes
- Maximum Juice Extraction: Extracts the maximum amount of nutrients, vitamins, taste and juice from minimum amounts of fruits, vegetables, leafy greens, and wheat grass
- Versatile: Extrude pasta, grind coffee and spices, turn nuts into nut butter, make baby food and frozen desserts, mince herbs and garlic, and whip up soy milk in a flash
- Powerful: Quiet but powerful motor with gear reduction equivalent of 2 HP motor
- Easy To Use: The size of the feed chute is larger compared to some Omega models, so you can spend less time prepping before juicing
- 15 Year Warranty
What are people saying about the Omega NC900 on Amazon?
Cheryl Rose “I have been on a mission to find the best juicer for my green juice habit. It had to be easy clean-up. This is it. Look no further just buy it”.
Liane “Love love love it and definitely recommend it, especially if you like juicing for the greens such as kale, parsley, cilantro, celery or anything else fibrous”.
What can I do with the pulp?
As awesome as the Omega is, if you are juicing every day, this amounts to a considerable amount of pulp. The good news is, yes, you can use pulp after juicing.
In the first instance, you can of course, “reuse” particularly if you are creative in the kitchen and have some extra time on your hands. Some ‘reuse” ideas are
Use in Veggie Burgers or Fritters. Add a hearty helping of pulp to your next homemade patty or fritter.
Add It To Granola, Bars, or Energy Balls
Mix It Into Baked Goods.
Make a Veggie Broth.
Make Dog Treats.
If this is not up your alley, and frankly, it isn’t usually up mine because I am time poor, you can compost. And this is not just for pulp but for all food scraps. Composting is worthy of a whole new post but to get some ideas, watch this space…
Best Blender for Green Juice Smoothie
Certainly cheaper than the Omega NC900HDC Juicer Extractor and Nutrition Center, I recommend the Ninja BL480 Blender as an option for a true green juice smoothie: the thicker version with is a drink made from everything resulting very little wastage.
Rating: 4.6 stars
Similar to the Omega, this is a versatile appliance which can pretty much chop up anything into a liquid form. It doesn’t take up a lot of space and it is super easy to clean.
The biggest downside: The noise. This product is LOUD. If you are planning on juicing at 5am in an apartment where the rest of your family is sleeping, this probably isn’t the option for you.
Here are the Highlights
- Auto IQ technology optimizes ninja: Pro extractor blades and power to deliver powerful nutrient and vitamin extraction
- Powerful nutrient and vitamin extraction provides great tasting, nutritious beverages
- 1000 watt motor has the power to crush through whole fruits, vegetables and ice in seconds
- Nutri ninja pro extractor blades rotate at high speed to liquefy ingredients into smooth nutrient juices, smoothies and purees
- Includes: (1) small 18 ounce Nutri ninja cup, (1) regular 24 ounce Nutri ninja cup, (2) sip & seal lids, (1) pro extractor blades, instruction book, getting started guide with product tips and recipes
What are people saying about the Ninja Blender on Amazon?
Febe Leiva “I love this Neutra bullet because I am able to make kale smoothies and spinach smoothies that come out tasting like I’m buying it at a professional juice shop”.
Deborah Carney “This is a great machine for my juicing in the morning. It blends all my vegetables and fruits for a quick on-the-go morning. It’s easy clean up and lots of power. I can’t wait to use it for other healthy recipes”.
Which juicer to use really comes down to your personal preference and budget. And you can spend an age checking out items online or in store. I hope that narrowing the dialogue down to just 2 helps. Please feel free to leave comments or feedback in the comments below.